CETPA sponsors several discussion lists or "Listservs" that represent current topics of importance and interest to the association. By joining these discussion lists, members receive all communications posted to these lists and have the opportunity to post messages or queries to all of the list's members. These lists provide a forum for the exchange of timely information from sources throughout the state.
You must be a CETPA member to subscribe.
To manage your account go to: http://lists.cetpa.net/read/login/
JOINING A LIST
The primary list used by all CETPA Members of all types is the "EdTech List." To see a list of all available CETPA lists and request membership click here and then choose "Subscribe" next to a forum.
Please note that many of our forums limit membership to specific groups. For instance, regional group discussion lists are limited to CETPA Education Members and technologists working for public or private K-20 school organizations only. Forum monitors grant access to their lists upon confirming the eligibility of the requester. NEW: Check out the Affiliate list for affiliate members. A Great place to connect with vendors, ask questions, get information about doing business in the K-20 environment. Use the click here link above to request membership.
Only members of a list may post messages to it and view the archives. After submitting a request to join a list, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with instructions on how to activate the membership.
NOTE TO OUR AFFILIATE MEMBERS: CETPA discussion lists are intended exclusively to share information between members. Solicitation and promotion of products or services for sale is strictly forbidden. Messages are monitored and repeated offense will result in being removed from the list.
LISTSERV MEMBER OPTIONS
Posting a Message
To post a message, address the message to [name-of-list]@lists.cetpa.net.
To search the archives of any list to which you area member go tohttp://lists.cetpa.net/read/login and use your list credentials where indicated. You will then be able to select from among your lists, search for any topic in the database and review discussions on that topic.
Adding A List
Additional lists will be added as interest or importance dictates. Please contact the CETPA webmaster if you have any suggestions.
Leaving A List
If, after joining a list, you find that you no longer want to participate, follow the instructions above to access the archives. Once in, click on the "Unsubscribe" option to the right of any forum to which you belong. Alternatively, you may send a blank e-mail message to unsubscribe-[name-of-list]@lists.cetpa.net. Upon receipt you will be automatically removed from the list and receive confirmation of your removal.
Problems or Questions
For questions regarding CETPA's discussion lists or for help with technical difficulties, please contact the CETPA webmaster.
CETPA DISCUSSION LISTS RULES AND ETIQUETTE
Thank you for being part of our Listserv community. To ensure the best possible experience for all Listserv members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By using our discussion lists you agree that you have read and will follow the guidelines. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great way to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or the CETPA Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, the CA Educational Technology Professionals Association (CETPA) reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these terms. If you do not accept these guidelines, please unsubscribe from the list by following the directions described above.
- Do not "flame," challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Flaming includes the making of derogatory comments, ridicule, excessive sarcasm and innuendo. Let others have their say, just as you have yours.
- Use caution when discussing items. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel and slander laws.
- Do not post commercial messages on any listserv. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or language are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that CETPA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserv.
- Do not distribute any spam, solicitation, jokes, chain letters, petitions for signatures or letters relating to pyramid schemes, missing persons or once-in-a-lifetime deals.
Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- Do not use the listserv to invite the entire list to join your social network (Facebook, Myspace, Linkedin, etc). You may invite individuals to join your network but may not invite the entire list.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that benefits everyone.
Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list", through the listserv. To unsubscribe from the list, follow the directions at the bottom of the listserv email message.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
- When using an Auto Reply message for times you are out of the office, please be sure to "Create a Rule" (this is easily done with Microsoft Outlook's Out of Office Assistant) that would prohibit sending the message to the list.
Disclaimer and Legal Rules
This list is provided as a service of the CA Educational Technology Professionals Association. CETPA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. CETPA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by CETPA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall CETPA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants CETPA and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
By using the CETPA listserv, subscribers agree to indemnify defend and hold harmless the CETPA, its committees and sections, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and agents from and against all losses, claims, demands, causes of action, liabilities, expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees and costs arising from any claims arising out of or resulting from any breach of these guidelines by the user or any omission or act taken by the user.
CETPA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to CETPA's attention (by CETPA staff or otherwise), CETPA reserves the right to take all appropriate action in response. CETPA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.